Timber Harvest

Timber Harvests

Timber harvests in Huntingdon County require erosion and sediment control Best Management Practices (BMPs) to be implemented to minimize accelerated erosion and sediment pollution that can result from earth disturbance activities. A timber harvest E&S plan is required on-site for all timber harvest projects.

Any timber harvesting project with earth disturbance of 25 acres or more (including the haul road, skid trails, landing areas, etc.) is required to obtain an Erosion and Sediment Control Permit (ESCP) through the Huntingdon County Conservation District.

Clearing and grubbing activities are not considered timber harvest activities and may require an E&S plan or NPDES permit.

Please be advised that a GP-08 permit will be required to all temporary stream crossings with a stream drainage area of 100 acres or greater.These permits are issued by the DEP South Central Regional Office. Once the permit application is submitted to DEP, please allow for approximately 3-5 months of wait time to receive the permit authorization. Temporary stream crossings may not be installed until authorized by DEP and then can be in place for up to one year.


How to Calculate the Stream Drainage Area (PDF)


Forms and Guidance


Resources and Trainings